|Types of Physician||:||Fulltime|
|Specialist||:||Specialist Ophthalmologist &Vitreoretinal Surgeon|
|Location||:||Medcare Eye Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road,|
|Languages Spoken||:||English, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu|
|DOH License Grade||:||Specialist|
- MBBS - Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India (1995)
- M.S (Ophthalmology) - Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals and Grant Medical College, Mumbai, India (1999)
- D.O (Diploma in Ophthalmology) - LokmanyaTilakMuncipal General Hospitaal and Medical College, Mumbai, India (1997)
- D.O.M.S - College of Physician and Surgeons, Mumbai, India (1997)
- F.C.P.S - Fellow of College of Physician and Surgeons, Mumbai, India (1998)
- Dip NB - Diplomate of National Board of Examinations, India (1999)
- FRCSEd (UK) - Fellow of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK (2002)
- FMRF - Fellowship in Vitreoretinal diseases and surgery, SankaraNethralaya, Chennai, India (2001)
- Full registration with Dubai Health Authority, Medical Council of India
- Consultant license at Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- International Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology (since 2004)
- Member of European Vitreoretinal Society (EVRS) (since 2008)
- Member of American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) (since 2013)
- Member of All India Ophthalmological Society, Vitreoretinal Society of India, Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society, Bombay Ophthalmologists- Association, Indian Medical Council, Emirates Medical Association
- Reviewer of many peer-reviewed journals.
- Head of Department, Ophthalmology & Specialist Ophthalmologist &Vitreoretinal Surgeon- MediclinicWelcare Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Specialist Vitreoretinal Surgeon - Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority, UAE
- Full time Consultant Ophthalmologist &Vitreoretinal Surgeon - Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, Mumbai, India
- Visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist &Vitreoretinal Surgeon - Damani Eye Hospital, Akola, India
- Consultant Ophthalmologist &Vitreoretinal Surgeon - Lakshdeep Hospital, Vashi, India
- Fellowship in vitreoretinal diseases and surgery - SankaraNethralaya, Medical Research Foundation, Chennai, India
- Post-graduate training jobs at teaching hospitals, Mumbai, India
- Graduation from KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- Awarded - VikasRatnaShiromani Award - for excellent achievement and selfless service in ophthalmology field in 2002
- Awarded - International Ophthalmologist Education Award by American Academy of Ophthalmology in 2009
- Awarded - International Scholar Award from American Academy of Ophthalmology in 2012
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Treating and managing ophthalmology patients since 1995. With over 20 years of vast clinical and surgical experience, he is specialized in diagnosis and surgeries of retinal diseases (retinal detachment, diabetic retinopathy and retinopathy of prematurity)
- Routinely performs scleral buckling, pneumatic retinopexy, pars planavitrectomy (23 & 25 gauge - MIVS) for complicated retinal detachments, intravitreal injection of Lucentis / Eylea / Ozurdex, retinal laser photocoagulation, management of intraocular tumours, uveitis.
- First in UAE to introduce scleral buckling for management of retinal detachments in retinopathy of prematurity in 2003
- First in UAE to perform intravitrealantiVEGF injections for active retinopathy of prematurity in 2008.
- In 2006, first to perform half-fluency photodynamic therapy and intravitrealantiVEGF injection for wet AMD in gulf region.
- First in UAE to perform lens-sparing vitrectomy for stage IV retinopathy of prematurity in 2010.
- Has performed well over 2000 cataract surgeries (phacoemulsification) and over 5000 posterior segment surgeries (vitreoretinal surgeries) including combined phaco-vitrectomies.